How To Lower Diastolic Blood Pressure Naturally
Doctors mention two numbers when reading the blood pressure. If the blood pressure is 130/90, the number 90 is diastolic blood pressure. Keeping a low diastolic blood pressure level is important. Higher level has a great risk of developing hypertension, which can lead to serious conditions such as heart attack or stroke. In this article there are many tips to lower the diastolic blood pressure naturally.
Blood pressure is the amount of force that blood exerts on the walls of the blood vessels as it passes through them. There are two pressures measured for blood pressure. Pressure while the heart is beating is known as systolic blood pressure and Pressure while heart is relaxed is known as diastolic blood pressure.
If the diastolic pressure is too low the blood is not able to bring oxygen and nutrients to all the body’s cells and remove waste matter. This can cause the cells to die. The diastolic blood pressure is considered low when the blood pressure reading is below 60.If the diastolic blood pressure is too high, a person is said to have high blood pressure, which is also known as hypertension. High blood pressure means that the diastolic blood pressure reading is higher than 90.
To reduce Diastolic Blood Pressure Naturally:
When the body is involved in a lot of physical activity, then it helps the heart to grow stronger and allow the heart to pump blood all through the body smoothly. Sedentary lifestyle promotes high blood pressure. Physical exercises are the best way to remain physically active and maintain normal blood pressure. Spend at least half an hour of the day in activities like walking, jogging, swimming, etc. to lower the blood pressure reading naturally.
Lose extra pounds. Being overweight can also affect your diastolic blood pressure. The blood volume in an obese body is higher which forces the heart to work harder while pumping out the blood, and thus the blood pressure increases. So it is important to shed those extra pounds. It can be achieved with a right kind of diet with low calorie content and proper exercises. After weight loss one can find a marked difference in the blood pressure level.
Reduce Sodium Intake:
One of the easiest changes you can make to lower blood pressure is to reduce the amount of sodium in your diet. High sodium increases your diastolic blood pressure. While cooking use very less quantity of salt and do not keep table salt on your dinner table. Do not eat frozen and processed foods as they are laden with sodium. Drink water adequately, it also helps to wash out extra sodium from the body.
The phrase “stress is a killer” is not overvalued. This is a fact. Stress is a major factor that contributes towards high diastolic blood pressure. When our mind is under a lot of stress, our heart rate raises which results in increase of blood pressure. There are various techniques that can help in relaxation of mind. Meditation and yoga are good stress relievers so you may do these to relax.
Stop doing anything which can aggravate high blood pressure. In a lot of instances, alcohol intake and smoking elevates blood pressure. For this reason, you have to stop smoking completely and limit your alcohol drinking to the minimum.
Various herbal supplements reduce diastolic blood pressure naturally. Magnesium relaxes arteries, which helps to lower blood pressure. The herb hawthorn also helps to relax arteries, and after taking it for a while blood pressure level reduces you can stop taking it. Garlic has strong blood pressure-lowering properties. Eat as much fresh garlic as possible. Garlic is safe to take indefinitely.
Eat Healthy Foods:
The foods you eat should consist of fresh fruits and vegetables that lower blood pressure. They have high content of calcium, potassium and vitamin C which play a major role in reducing the blood pressure. Low fat dairy products and whole grains prove to be beneficial in this regard. Avoid all kinds of fried food and junk food as well as food that are high in cholesterol and saturated fats. Strive to eat at least two bananas per day. Fruits and vegetables also supply a lot of fiber, which is another food component that can help to lower blood pressure.
Regular exercise is vital for lowering blood pressure and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Thirty minutes of aerobic exercise four times a week is optimal. Regular exercise relaxes the arteries and decreases stress. It also can aid in weight loss; being overweight puts you at risk for high blood pressure.
Lower your intake of artery-clogging saturated fat and boost levels of omega-3 fatty acids. The beneficial, omega-3 fats are found in cold-water fish and can help to lower blood pressure. Eat fish daily or even twice a day if possible. Salmon, mullet, sardines and lake trout all have high levels of omega-3. If you can’t stand the thought of eating that much fish, take a fish oil supplement. Take seven capsules per day, each containing 1,000mg per capsule.
Home remedies to reduce Diastolic Blood Pressure:
* Eat 1 Papaya on an empty stomach daily for a month. Do not eat anything after for about 2 hours.
* One tablespoonful each of fresh amla juice and honey mixed together should be taken every morning.
* Take two teaspoon of half onion juice and half honey once a day for 1-2 weeks.
* Meat and egg cause blood pressure to rise more than any other food. Avoid meats, sugar, tea, coffee, pickles, and fried food. Eat Garlic and Amla.
* Watermelon is another safeguard against hypertension.
* Drink 8-12 glass of ionised water daily.
* Garlic is regarded as one of the most effective home remedy in lowering the blood pressure. It is excellent for thrombosis, hardening of arteries and high blood cholesterol.
* Grind equal amounts of watermelon seeds and khas khas and keep together. Take one teaspoonful with an empty stomach and one in the evening with water for lowering blood pressure. This can be taken 3-4 weeks according to the requirement.
* In half of the cup of lukewarm water add one teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Drink it when needed. Squeeze half a lemon in 100 grams of water and drink it every two hours for immediate relief.
* One or two pieces of garlic rolled in raisin also lower blood pressure.
* Take four leaves of Tulsi and two leaves of Neem with 2-4 teaspoonfuls of water, empty stomach for 5-7 days.
* Take one teaspoonful of fenugreek seeds morning and evening with an empty stomach for 10-15 days with water.